Your Orchid Blog Supports Google Authorship
Your Orchid Blog Supports Google Authorship and extended Author Bio information.
Google is displaying of author information in their search results to help users discover great content.
Google’s new Authorship system represents a big change in how content on the web is presented to users: authority will now be derived from the author’s identity instead of just the website’s statistics. The goal of Authorship is to make writers more accountable for their content by associating their articles to their Google+ profiles, placing the emphasis on who wrote the content rather than where the content is posted.
If you want your Orchid blog content to be part of your authorship, with your name and photo to appear in Google’s search results for all the content you create on your Orchid blog, you’ll need
- A Google+ Profile
- A good, recognizable headshot as your profile photo.
Then, verify authorship of your orchid blog content by associatingit with your profile using the method descibed below:
- Sign up for Google+ and create a Google+ profile.
- Make sure you have a profile photo with a recognizable headshot.
- Login to your orchid blog and navigate to your author profile: USERS->Your Profile
- Make sure your Orchid blog “Nickname” field matches the name on yourGoogle+ profile
- Now, while still on your orchid blog profile page, scroll downand fill up the sections titled “About Yourself” and “Fanciest AuthorBox User Details“
- In step 5 you will be able to link yo your orchid blog author bioyour other social network accounts such as Facebook and twitter.
- Assign yourself as an author to the orchid blog on your Google+profile by editing the “Contributor to section”
- In the dialog that appears, click Add custom link, and thenenter the website URL
- If you want, click the drop-down list to specify who can seethe link.
- Click Save.
- To see what author data Google can extract from your page, use the structured data testing tool.