More experiments in ring making

by lynneglazzard on January 21, 2010

I have spent the past few days experimenting with rings in a variety of materials.  Here are a selection of the finished rings.  The top left hand ring is resin with little pieces of cut thread embedded into it.  The top right hand ring is faux bone, art clay silver and alcohol inks. The bottom right hand ring is faux bone but before I textured it I made a mould and then poured a resin version with red thread embedded in it.  I am really enjoying my time experimenting like this, it is always good to take a break from the ‘bread and butter’ work and play for a while, letting new ideas bounce around the studio.




Latest posts by lynneglazzard (see all)

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Lynne Glazzard January 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I roughly sawed out the faux bone then measured it on a mandrel – just as you would if you were making a ring to fit finger size – made the art clay silver ring band, part dried it then rolled out the flat panel and cut a hole to fit, dried and joined the two bits. Fired as usual – 2 hours, then added a bit of fine silver wire with osp, supported with kiln fibre and fired to make a 'post' to rivet. Used this rivet and bit of epoxy resin and stretched the inside of the silver ring slightly using a wooden mandrel….. had also drilled hole in one of the surfaces and warmed up the faux bone to insert the stud of my 'signet' stamp prior to assembling the other bits 🙂 actually it's not a very nice ring really, too much going on, but interesting thinking all the steps through

Joy Funnell January 21, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Oh nice. Trying to work out how you do the faux bone with silver lining one. Just waiting for my Faux bone order to arrive 🙂

eve January 21, 2010 at 5:27 pm

what a great collection you have here, i love them all.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post:

WordPress Admin